Doxycycline is a tetracycline bacteriostatic antibiotic. It works by slowing or hampering the growth of bacteria and inhibits protein synthesis of the bacteria thus causing its death. Tetracyclines, including doxycycline, have a similar antimicrobial spectrum of activity against a wide range of gram-positive and gram-negative organisms. Cross resistance of these organisms to tetracyclines is common.
|Pack||Per pill||Savings||Per pack||Order|
|$ 0.55||−||$ 16.50|
|$ 0.50||$ 2.45||$ 22.30|
|$ 0.48||$ 4.40||$ 28.60|
|$ 0.49||$ 5.70||$ 43.80|
|$ 0.47||$ 13.60||$ 74.40|
|$ 0.46||$ 34.10||$ 163.90|
Doxycycline is indicated for the treatment of the following infections:
1. Rocky Mountain spotted fever, typhus fever and the typhus group. Q fever.
rickettsialpox, and tick fevers caused by Rickettsiae.
2. Respiratory tract infections caused by Mycoplasma pneumoniae.
3. Lymphogranuloma venereum caused by Chlamydia trachomatis.
4. Psittacosis (ornithosis) caused by Chlamydia psittaci.
5. Trachoma caused by Chlamydia trachomatis, although the infectious agent is not always eliminated as judged by immunofluorescence.
6. Conjunctivitis caused by Chlamydia trachomatis.
7. Uncomplicated urethral, endocervical or rectal infections in adults caused by Chlamydia trachomatis.
8. Nongonococcal urethritis caused by Ureaplasma urealyticum.
9. Relapsing fever due to Borrelia recurrentis.
Doxycycline also is indicated for the treatment of infections caused by the following gram-negative microorganisms:
1. Chancroid caused by Haemophilus ducreyi.
2. Plague due to Yersinia pestis (formerly Pasteurella pestis).
3. Tularemia due to Francisella tularensis (formerly Pasteurella tularensis).
4. Cholera caused by Vibrio cholerae (formerly Vibrio comma).
5. Campylobacter fetus infections caused by Campylobacter fetus (formerly Vibrio fetus).
6. Brucellosis due to Brucella species (in conjunction with streptomycin).
7. Bartonellosis due to Bartonella bacilliformis.
8. Granuloma inguinale caused by Calymmatobacterium granulomatis.
Adult: First day: 100mg every 12 hours; maintaining dose of 100-200mg per day depending upon the severity of infection. Please see label. For more detailed information please consult specialist. Do not take more of Doxycycline cap, than it is indicated at the label without consulting your doctor, Precautions:
Do not violate instructions. Take entire prescription. Report adverse effect. Take drug with a full glass of water to prevent esophageal ulceration and remain upright for 45 minutes.